Patient Application Guide
Patient hospitalized at the residential treatment center after being confirmed to COVID-19
Patient hospitalized at quarantine ward (general room) designated by the country after being confirmed to COVID-19
2. If it’s your first time accessing the program, sign up simply using an email. The application will not ask for any other personal information.
3. After accessing the program for the first time, you can use the automatic login feature. Click on the Korean flag icon to change your language settings.
2. For precise diagnosis of the patient’s condition, enter your own gender, date of birth, underlying diseases and physical activity.
3. This process will only be requested when starting the application for the first time. Should there be any incorrect information, you can at any time make changes or withdraw your account within the application settings.
2. Results will be shown in a descriptive format on the patient application. The result is based on an algorithm so the physician’s opinion must take priority.
2. Press ‘confirm’ to return to the calendar page
2. Even if you execute the checkup many times on the same day depending on the change in symptoms, you can check it conveniently. .
3. From the 2nd log in, you will see the calendar right away after accessing the application. You can simply select “start the checkup now” to input new symptoms.
2. If you create a code on the ‘register a physician’ feature, a 4-digit number will be provided. If the physician puts this number on his/her application, the patient information will be synchronized with the physician’s.
2. Make changes to the initially inputted personal information and underlying disease history on the ‘Basic information’.
3. Change your password or withdraw your account in ‘Change account information’.
4. Utilize the ‘logout’ feature
5. Whenever using the account, you can press the ‘Korean flag’ icon on the top to change the language of the application.